Ready – Set – Go!
Central Oregon kids are active athletes who participate in diverse school, club, and organized sports all year long. Our goal is to keep them healthy and having fun while preventing injuries.
Sports physical exams for kids
All student athletes in grades 7 through 12 are required by the Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA) to have a documented sports clearance.
Teens in extracurricular sports are required by to complete their physical exam in 9th or 11th grade – or if it is their first time participating on a high school team.
We offer sports physicals throughout our Central Oregon locations.
All physicals need to be completed prior to the sports season and not before May 1st of the summer before the current academic year. Your Mosaic sports clearance exam is valid for two years.
Better Health, Lower Costs:
Combine a Sports Exam with Your Annual Check Up
When you schedule an annual check up with your provider, the visit includes a sports physical and OSAA paperwork at no additional cost. This combined exam ensures better healthcare for kids and lower costs for parents. It’s also covered by most insurance plans including the Oregon Health Plan. For more information about the benefits of combining your sports exam with an annual visit to your provider, visit the OK to Play website.
When you schedule your sports physical with us, be sure to fill out the OSAA Sports Physical Form and bring it to your appointment:
What’s included in a sports physical?
Sports physicals include both a medical history and a physical exam.
- Serious illnesses among family members
- Illnesses (past and/or current such as asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy)
- Previous hospitalizations or surgeries
- Known allergies
- Past injuries (concussions, sprains, or bone fractures)
- List of current medications (including over-the-counter medications, herbal supplements, and prescription medications)
- Height and weight
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
- Posture, joints, strength, and flexibility
- Nutrition and diet