Having a baby is one of life’s most joyous adventures.
When you first find out you’re expecting, we realize you may feel a lot of powerful emotions all at once. Joy, happiness, confusion, anxiety – even fear.
It’s perfectly natural for feelings to ebb and flow throughout your pregnancy. In a short time frame, your world is about to change!
Remember that your baby’s health begins in utero. When you eat healthy foods, stay active, practice self-care, and go to your prenatal appointments, you’ve already given your child a head start for optimal health.
Finding the right pediatric team for your baby
A few months before your little bundle arrives, one of the first big decisions you’ll make is who your child’s provider will be. Give yourself time to research local practices and pediatricians to find the perfect fit for your family and newborn baby. Ask friends for recommendations, read about different providers, and seek out philosophies of care that feel intuitively right for you.
As an experienced pediatric team, we love meeting new parents before they head to the hospital. It gives us the chance to talk with you about the kind of support and guidance you’ll need from us when your baby arrives.
Questions to ask your pediatrician or pediatric provider
- How long have you been practicing? What are your specialties?
- Does your practice have dental care?
- What other services and resources do you provide for new parents and newborns?
- Are you open to integrating pediatric care with alternative medicine?
- Can I see the same doctor every time I visit?
- Does your office accept same-day appointments?
- What does 24/7 support mean?
- What are your hours?
- Do you take my insurance?
- Will you meet my baby at the hospital or at the first checkup?
- What is your care philosophy for newborns and infants?
Once you’ve made your decision, we can work together to plan for baby’s first visit.
We make caring for your newborn baby as easy as possible, with 7 convenient locations throughout Central Oregon, extended hours, and accessible, expert support and advice. From breastfeeding to burping, rashes to hiccups, well-child exams to vaccinations – our pediatric team is here for your new family.
Learn more about how we care for your newborn baby…